New Development Corporation is committed to using local contractors to rehabilitate our homes. We welcome new contractors to contact us at any time!
Below are some of the requirements for working with us:
- Minority Business Enterprises, Women Business Enterprises or Micro-business Enterprises are strongly encouraged to bid on projects.
- Section 3 rules may apply to projects. These rules require at least 10% of the hard construction costs be awarded to a Section 3 eligible contractor or subcontractor. We will be available to help any interested parties through this process. The Section 3 certification is done by the City of Grand Rapids. Call us for more information.
- General Contractors shall hold a current State of Michigan Residential Builders License.
- General Contractors will not be on the State or Federal disbarred list.
- General Liability Insurance: $1 Million minimum per occurrence and in general aggregate
- Hired and Non-Owned Auto: $1 Million minimum per occurrence
- Workers Compensation Insurance: All Contractors must carry Workers Compensation Insurance regardless of company size.
Lead Based Paint/Asbestos
- Many of our homes contain Lead Based Paint and/or Asbestos prior to abatement. All work in those areas need to be completed by a Licensed Abatement Contractor with current licensing by the State of Michigan.